Saturday, September 26, 2020

Defying the Prejudice of Low Expectations

You look at me and think you know just where I have been,

But you have no idea, I do not wear it on my sleeve.

Assumptions fail you, who cannot imagine what I have seen.

I have done so many things that you may not easily conceive.

 

Our obstacles and loves, our friends and family too

The majority of who we are is more than what we show

The threads of an existence are woven through and through

No furtive glance will ever tell you all you ought to know

 

There is more to see in a man than that which is well lit

So much of a life experience hides behind the eyes.

To your prejudice of low expectations, I refuse to submit.

Your superficial judgment clouds your mind with lies.

 

Before you jump to conclusions which usher your demise

Know that there is a higher road to which you may choose to rise.








No comments:

Post a Comment