Saturday, July 15, 2017

What Is Not Not Is

Not afraid of darkness
Not afraid of pain
Not afraid of crying in the sunshine
Or of laughing in the rain

Not afraid of looking
Not afraid to see
Not afraid of searching
What must be will be

Not bound by tradition
The status quo does not torture me
Life has never been a given
It takes effort to live free

Not one to get waylaid by emotion
Like so many others drifting blind
The combustion ignited in this soul
Fuels the flame inside my mind

Reason is my only weapon
The greatest tool I know
I can never be disarmed of it
And I take it everywhere I go

So now you've learned some things I'm not
But another fact is also true
A mind like a muscle can be exercised
The choice is up to you

The world is not all butterflies and rainbows
Not all options will always be ideal
But wishing on some shooting star
Won't help you cope with what is real

Perhaps the evidence is there before you
Or it may be fleeting as you gasp
At algebraic thoughts and variables
For some solution you strive to grasp

There is nothing wrong with the negative
It is part of what life is all about
What is not not is
To rule things in, first one must rule things out

No comments:

Post a Comment