Sunday, August 19, 2012

Beyond the Clouds of Misunderstanding


There is something to be said for allowing a piece to stand on its own. This is, ironically, the title piece of the book I never published, "Beyond the Clouds of Misunderstanding"...



I encourage you to look into the mirror and
Love what you see. Be secure in your
Self. It makes sense for me
To want you to be the best you can be.
Everything I write is about one
Individual being the best he or she
Can be. Everything I write is about one
Strong person standing up for self,
Having the courage to face fear -- to stare
Down hatred -- to deny naysayers -- to cast
Aside guilt without a safety line --
To take the leap with faith in the self,
In yourself, in myself. I like what I see,
And work to continue liking me. Do you
Want to look back and smile? Shed denial!
Take pride in what you have accomplished.
To be happy, be strong, be you,
Be happy. I encourage you, because
I want more of me in the world.
The weak are violent -- the frightened are weak --
The haters are frightened -- The ignorant hate.
I want more of me in the world.
Be strong -- Take courage -- Love -- Explore -- Learn. Grow
Beyond the clouds of misunderstanding. Everything
I write is about one strong person standing
Up for Self. Everything I write is about
Many one strong persons standing up for themselves.
Solidarity of guiltless individuals will bring us
Beyond the clouds of misunderstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment